What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Friday, June 22, 2007

Leaving My Footprint

I am filling out my 501c3 paperwork right now. Over the past couple of weeks I have been doing some vision casting and most of my free time has been spent thinking about how I can make the biggest footprint possible in the lives of people that need to be reached. I have been looking far off into the future thinking of ways to be able to do this. It hit me really hard today that I have been taking the wrong approach. The wrong approach in a couple of ways. First off by spending so much time thinking about the future I was letting the present slip by me unaffected and unchanged. I was working on plans for a time that may not ever come and allowing the time that I had been blessed to be able to see get away from me without making a difference in it while it was here. In thinking about the future I had taken the goals and sense of urgency that God has placed in me and run way ahead of Him. He gave me the calling to move in it now and not think of how it can be used later on a broader scale. My part of the vision casting process with God is to follow directions; it is to follow the vision in the direction that it was cast and not to offer suggestions on how it to be cast or where it should be cast. My calling from Christ is to be obedient and to move when I am empowered and not before. I think God's people would be better suited concentrating on obedience than on some of the other things that has taken God and the vision He has given us and pushed them off to the side. Consider me spanked ;)

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: