What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sometimes You Just Want To Know You Exist


There are days when I feel like I am sitting on top of the world. Those days are great because I know that I surrounded with people who love me and people who I love back. Those are the days that I know I am doing something right and doing it good, and people's lives are impacted because of it. Then there are days that I feel like I am in a sea of people and I am drowning in the middle of it and no one sees me. Those are the days that I struggle with who I am and what my place in the world is. I don't feel real and I struggle to find signs that I even exist. I was thinking about this today and I was wondering if I have told the people who surround me that they matter to me and because of their existence my life has been impacted for the better. God used me to speak to friend some words they needed to hear recently. I thought that was awesome, not that He used me, but that He cared enough about that person and their existence to remind them that He did indeed know where they were in life, and to speak a word of encouragement into their lives that they really needed. If you haven't let someone (loved one, friend, the mail man...) know that they exist in a while, do it soon--they just might need to hear it.

No comments: