What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Vision Casting and Measuring Up

I am writing my 501c3 proposal right now. I have started this a long time ago but put in on the shelf for a while. I am reading now what I had written almost a year ago when I started the process. It was a bold vision, to say the least. But I find myself editing it. Not scaling back the vision but pulling it back in so I can cast it out further. I am writing and even bigger objective for the organization. All the while I am typing I am asking God and myself if I can really be the vessel for God to use to get this all accomplished? Can I measure up to the words on the paper? I am afraid to say no because that feeds my fleshly doubt. I am a little leery to say yes because I don't want to write checks my faith can't cash. Looking at this post I see a lot of "I's" in the sentences. That's the problem. "I" needs to be taken out of the equation. "Me" or "My" shouldn't be anywhere near it either. It is all about Him. God's glory depends on the success of what He has called me and this organization to do. All we have to do is be open to hear Him and to be led by Him. I can vision cast without having to worry about measuring up, that's His job.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: