What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Death...

I have been doing a lot of pondering on death lately. One of my friends asked me to do a memorial service for someone special to her. I have never done one before. So that's where the death thinking comes in. I have come to the conclusion that death is actually a good thing (if you are a believer in Christ). I mean it is the finish line to the race that we are running. It is the doorway to our home in heaven. When God calls you home it is even more exciting than hearing your number called at the Italian deli where you have been waiting forever to get the best cold cuts. OK maybe I went a little far on that last one, but if you had the deli I have by me you would understand. I have had trouble working the phrase "A christian is better off dead" into my remarks without having it sound offensive. (Is it possible?) I know what I am trying to say but it doesn't just come across that way.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Mike

No comments: