What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Friends of Faith

When I think of faith, I can't help but think of words or feelings that I associate with it. The first one that comes to mind is fire. When I have faith it is either feast or famine with me. When I am feasting in times of faith, I am on fire. I have an energy burning in me that can't be suppressed and makes me feel like I can be superman (leaping buildings, faster than speeding trains, etc., etc.) I have a passion that drives what I am doing and what I am called to do when my faith is charged and ready to go. I love that feeling. I can have any number of naysayers in front of me and my armor is impenetrable by their negativity. It is then that I know who my God says He is and I believe Him. Moreover, I believe who He tells me I am.

When my faith isn't charged up to capacity and I have left room for something other than faith to creep in, it is usually fear. Faith is the hoping for things not seen, the belief that they even exist or will come to pass. Fear comes in when I am left to my own senses and I am looking at a God situation--it is easy then to say that it is not possible, and I am not the one that should be undertaking such a calling. Fear prevails when I allow myself in front of God. That only happens when I feel I have bitten off more than I can chew or have been so busy serving God that I have forgotten to worship Him.

Father I pray that You will strengthen my faith and my passion for Your will through our time together.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing.
Mike

No comments: