What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chameleon Christianity?

In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul describes how he became "all things to all men." This has become a passage that has stirred up some controversy in the church. Controversy because some use it as a right to make the church look more like the world in an attempt to "by all means save some." I have no doubt that the Paul was trying to make a point about ministry in these verses. I have not cleared up my own personal theology as to what that point is however. I can understand that it might mean that he adapted to the culture of the people he was ministering to. Maybe taking up their habits of dress, study, speech. But if we are to reach the current culture does that mean taking things like rap music and putting words like Jesus and God in it and calling it christian? Is there a line that should not be crossed when "becoming all things to all men?" This is just something that is going through my head right now. I found this video last night; it is pretty straight forward and it is most likely what started my thought process along these lines this morning. Enjoy.





Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: