What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hearing It Again for the First Time

"The only mistake is not to risk making one"
--Max Lucado, The Cure for a Common Life

Risk is never something that is on top of my list to undertake in a day's time. I never wake up and roll out of bed wondering what risks I am going to take throughout the day. I don't plan risks in my life at all. If anything I try to avoid taking risks at all. If there are risks involved in any of my day to day business, I do my best to manage them. I try to control all of the unknowns and be prepared to deal with any situation that arises from them. The hard part of all this though is that this is not possible with the walk I have decided to take with Jesus Christ. being a disciple and trying to live by what we have been taught often times means following the leader into realms uncharted and unforeseen. It means doing things that often are not in plans I had for the day or even for my life. I often wonder sometimes as I am doing my best to follow the plans that God has for me, how much I would have accomplished for Him and His kingdom had I started followed long ago when I heard the call. I wonder sometimes what I would be like if I had simply flowed with the risks instead of becoming better at managing them. I am learning that one of the good things about following Christ and taking the risks that come with that walk is that failure is almost never an outcome unless I try and take over the lead. He has called us to do His will and accomplish His purpose for our lives, which means that His glory is dependent on our success. If we fail where does His glory come from? If we remain in His will and tuned to His call then, no matter the risk, we can't fail.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: