What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Is Here


There is so much that has happened in 2008 that in ways I am very glad to see it go and there is still a piece of me that is sad to see it go. I am glad to see it go because it held some of my scariest moments in terms of my health in it I was in the hospital for about three weeks in August and also I had a surgery that was kind of a surprise for me. It went from I was going to have the surgery to I was not going to have the surgery because there was no room on the surgery schedule for me to have it, to me actually being told in the morning that I would actually be having the surgery later in the afternoon of that same day. I am sad because this year was a big self realization year for me. I realize a lot of what I want out of life in terms of family and friends. I have also come to realize that there is a lot of need in the world and that there is something that I can do help alleviate some of that need no matter how small it might be. Even if it seems small to me and the person I am helping it may very well be a big deal in our lives. When I started this blog quite some time ago I did it because I wanted to see how a man should measure his life, I am learning that the people that should be measuring a person's life are the people that he touches in his life and the people he leaves behind. I want to make the biggest dent in people's live that I possibly can. I am taking a step to do so real soon. As soon as I take that step I will make sure and write about it here. There is so much to be done in the world that needs to be done that I personally think that we all should look to do our part. I have yet to decide on a new years resolution because they never really seem to work out for me but I think I have decided on one while I have been writing this. 2009 is going to be a year of "doing" for me. There are a lot of things that I have always talked about doing and I think this year I am going to start doing them. Lofty goals and aspirations have never gotten anything done except take up time. I am going to put mine to work for me this year and let them keep me busy. So here's to 2009 and walking the walk

No comments: