What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Leaving My Mark

I had a conversation with my best friend tonight that was kind of upsetting. I actually didn't know quite what to say. It is going to be my birthday in a few days. She was talking about my birthday present. She doesn't know what to get me. She said "I guess I don't you as well as I thought I did. I guess I am gonna have to study up on you." Granted we were a part for a few years and we never paid much attention to birthdays with each other. But how close do you have to be with someone to know what they like. That was upsetting to me but it was kind of the icing on the big cake. My family has been asking me the same question. It was not so startling when they asked because I know in essence they want to make the most of their shopping time to make sure they get me something I either need or want. I just found it kind of ironic that a day after I start this blog about finding what makes me, well, me someone tells me they don't know me as well as they though they did. Do you hide a light under a basket? What good is a lighthouse with no light? How useful is salt that has lost its flavor? Don't build up walls and then ask yourself why people don't really know you. I'm learning the lesson. Be Blessed and Be a Blessing! (for real!) Mike

No comments: