What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Monday, April 23, 2007

Saying GoodBye


I went to a funeral today. A good friend of my mother's passed away last Sunday. She had cancer. I can say that she had cancer, cancer didn't have her. Through her whole ordeal she never lost the love of life that epitomized her life. When I get sick man, my sickness kicks me around for a bit. She never lost her smile or the love she always felt for everybody she came in contact with. While I didn't know her very well, I know she left her mark on people's lives and on the world in general. What was even more beautiful was the person that people were eulogizing today was actually the person who was in the casket. There was no struggle to come up with good things to say about her, there was no creating an image of her that was far from the truth. The church was full, the tears, for not only a life lost, but a life that will be missed, flowed. Even in her death she made people smile, laugh, love, and made it possible for them to encounter the God she loved so dearly. While I did not know you very well Gayle, thank you for the message today and for the inspiration to live a life that makes a difference. I can only imagine what heaven is like, but you don't have to anymore.

Be Blessed and Be A Blessing! Mike

No comments: