What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No More Smiley For Me

Today is the first day that I am officially with out a job. I have worked for the same company--The world's biggest retailer since I was 19 years old. I worked my way up the ranks until I was pretty high in the store level and making a more than decent living. I allowed myself to be worked until I was sick. Months at a time with out a day off working 16+ hours a day. My body finally said no more and I had to go out sick. The timing was a blessing because my mother also got sick at the same time and I have been able to spend time with her as she is getting better. I received a letter two weeks ago from the corporate office not thanking me for my service or checking on my status but rather it notified me of my administrative termination. It seems that I am too sick to go back to work and they no longer have a need for me. They also have no desire in paying for my recovery or even admitting that I am indeed sick. I know all things work out for good and I stand on that. I thank God for the time I have had to regain my sanity and to truly see the corporate giant the company swears it is not. Even so, Lord I pray according to your will, Bless them and all they do.

Here is to today as the final day of being able to identify with them. And more importantly here is to tomorrow which is the first day in following a new plan and new direction that my Father God has for me.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: