What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Not the Best of Summers

This summer has not been the easiest in terms of heat. We have gone through a heat wave the last week that has kicked my butt. To top it off the motor in the air conditioner broke and so we have been using fans to circulate the hot air in our rooms. But just when we thought that was the worst to could get, the power went out yesterday. We sat in the living room, the coolest room in the house, with all the windows open, just staring at the fan hoping that power would be restored to it soon. It felt like that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Total Recall where the aliens watch their air supply fan stop moving and they just sit there and stare at it. I would have left the house but I just gotten back from hanging out at Starbucks for a couple of hours and I felt bad for the rest of the family. So we just stuck it out together. I will say though I had to charge my cell phone to be able to use it for an alarm this morning so I was fortunate enough to have to charge it in my car where there was air conditioning. In my car I realized just how peaceful the world is without distraction like noise and just how beautiful the world can be when we allow it to only be seen through the light of nature without all the extra glare of the city lights.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: