What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Be Still

One of the hardest things for me to do at any time is to be be still. Well let me re-say that--I can be still, I just can't be still and be awake. If I manage to be still, it is nearly impossible for me to be still ane be silent. Yet this is one of the diswciplines that we need to be successful at in the process of becoming a better disciple. We need to emulate Jesus's actions when he went off into retreat by Himself to be alone with God. I have found that these periods of stillness for me have been awesome in their abilities to recharge me and to refocus my walk with Christ. I use it as a time not to pray or send my supplication to heaven, but rather as a time to listen to what Heaven is trying to say to me. I use it as a time to be alone with God and to help me center in on His presence around me and in my life. I dont allow myself to think of things I need to do or to use the time as a strategy or planning session. I do my best to be still and to know that He is God. I resign all I am again to Him and to His will for my life. I find that is truly best done in stillness. Especially forced stillness. It makes you have faith in what you are doing and reminds you that there is always a greater One that can do everything better than you. This time of stillness allows me to truly be an empty vessel and allows Him to fill me with all that He has for me at that time. We become closer to Christ as disciples in this time of quietness because we are practicing His presence, offering oursleves as students to learn from what He has to say to us. Practicing the presence of God is what discipleship is all about. Yeah that's it...practicing the presence of God--What a revelation.



Be Blessed, Be a Blessing, And Be Still.

Mike

No comments: