What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Monday, July 9, 2007

This Is Your Life...

I listen to music all the time and it seems that when I hear a song for like the thousandth time I finally hear it. That was the case with This Is Your Life by Switchfoot. I don't know what brought it on or why I finally heard it but the words are pretty profound on a very simplistic level. I think personally one of the things that has tripped me up the most in my discipleship walk with Christ has been my past. It seems to be the only thing that has a way of manipulating itself back into my life and catching me off guard. I am frequently reminding myself and my past that God has forgotten all the things I have done before Him and I will do the same thing. As a memory comes to play in my life and it does not edify or encourage or serve a purpose in my ministry, I submit to the captivity of Christ and go on my way. I often look back on my life and the choices that I have made and I have to forgive myself. There are things there that have really hindered me and what I have been called to do. There are also parts of my past that I am glad that God has forgotten. But I know that I was made a new creature in Christ and I work each day to become more like Him. I wake up in the morning knowing there is nothing I can do about yesterday and I commit to not allowing it trip up my today. I realize that tomorrow is something that I may never get to see, so I don't focus any more time than I need to on it. My priority is today, this is where I can make an impact in my life and in the lives of others. I ask my myself in the morning is this where you want to be in life spiritually and then listen to God's direction for the day and follow accordingly.



Be Blessed and Be a Blessing.
Mike

No comments: