What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Rare Breed...

I take my mom to dialysis at 4:45 three times a week. I drop her off then I head to the Starbucks that is in the same shopping center. I was noticing today (maybe because I actually slept last night and am more lucid than normal) that the barristas are a rare breed. Not all of them but just the ones that open the store in the morning. They are definite morning people. They have energy, they have senses of humor and they have personality. I was shocked this morning, because a couple of them actually made me smile before 9am--a feat almost unheard of. I walked in to the store this morning hearing one of them say he grew up a "poor black child." Of course it was funny because he is a white guy. When I was a manager for the largest retailer in the world my associates knew not to talk to me about anything that was not a pressing matter until at least 9am or 2 cups of coffee whatever came first. I take my hat off to the people that decide to make people their morning coffee and try to make them smile first thing in the morning. I take my hat off to my Starbucks barristas in Fullerton that make me smile 3 times a week.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: