What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Walk to Remember

Tonight I took a walk. This may not seem like a big deal to most folks, but I have a hard time walking and use a cane to help balance myself. Tonight's walk was something of an eye opener for me. I realize just how great is. I live in a great neighborhood, that is partially undeveloped so I was able to enjoy a lot of nature tonight. The sky, the stars, the sounds--it was just beautiful. It made me almost sad because I do live in such a good neighborhood. I realized that I am part of the fortunate few--not everyone gets to enjoy the luxury of walking around their neighborhood alone at night. Even if they did, very few have the time to walk around their neighborhood just for the sake of taking a walk. You never know what you take for granted until you almost can't do it anymore. Sometimes we just need to slow down in our lives and see the things we miss when we are going full speed ahead.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: