What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Traveling Light and Second Guessing God



I have one go to book that I have read over and over again, and with each time I complete it it ministers something new to my heart. That book is Traveling Light by Max Lucado. This book seems to have something encouraging to say on just about every issue of life I have encountered. Lucado spills biblical truths in a true storyteller's fashion. I absoultely, whole heartedly recommend this book to anyone who needs a little encouragement and a some relief from the baggage of life.
I have asked myself to read much more than I have in the past and one of the books I picked up was Second Guessing God by Brian Jones. I have been through the low places in my walk with God, where He seems so far away and so quiet. It is almost as if I am walking alone and have been forgotten by the One who said He would never leave me or forsake me. But to say that or to confess that to anyone let alone myself seems to be admitting that my faith is not solid and I am not the big spritual giant I want to be. While I don't think anyone except God could ever answer why we go through the things we go through here on this earth, Brian Jones takes a great stab at it, joining personal anecdotes with quotes from spiritual giants and of course the Bible. His writing is easy to follow and after looking at my copy of the book I can see he leaves a lot to be reconsidered after you read through it the first time (as my copy is all marked up). I reccommend this book to anyone who is going through those low times yourself. Not becaause it has all of the answers but because it humanizes and normalizes what you are going through, therefore making it easier to understand and to deal with.
Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike





No comments: