What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Friday, July 13, 2007

Novels That Allow You to Escape

I know so many people that are constantly in a book. Most of them are reading so heavy duty stuff, very little fiction reading goes on. I love to read too. Books about discipleship or spiritual development are on the top of my reading lists. But occasionally I like to take a break from expanding my mind. I need a good fictional story to get me involved and before I know it hours have passed. One of my go to authors for that is Patricia Cornwell. I picked up one of her novels yesterday in the bookstore and started reading it. I was a third of the way through the novel before I realized it. She is mystery writer and one of her best known characters is Kay Scarpetta--a medical examiner with a law degree that would make any of the CSI's look like sesame street. If you like crime thrillers Patricia Cornwell is the autor for you. Right now I am reader Predator. She was also befriended early in life by the recently passed Ruth Graham. She published a biography of Ruth Bell Graham in the late 90's. Read up on Cornwell her accomplishments are amazing.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: