What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tapas and Tithing

Last night I went to a bible study that some friends have in a store front . The leader said something that really made sense to me. We always hear preachers talking about giving to God and tithing. People really have it confused when they think that they are giving to God when they are tithing. God said that the first tenth of what we have is His. When we give that to God we are giving what is already His to begin with. When we have not given anything out of the remaining 90% of what we have left then we essentially have not yet given anything to God. How incredible is it that we have a hard time as the Body of Christ giving what He has said is already His, let alone giving anything that is ours to Him. I just thought that was a great point that she brought up.

We also happened upon a great restaurant last night across the shopping center where the bible study was held. The restaurant was called Honda Ya. It billed itself as a Japanese Pub. everything on the menu was like appetizer portion. I pretty much considered it a Japanese tapas bar. The food was excellent. We grubbed on California rolls, kalbe ribs, tempura, sausage tempura, and some tonkatsu. There is some stuff there for everyone. I was with my mom and she is not a big raw stuff eater so I didn't try any of that. their menu is extensive and it looks like I found a hangout.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: