What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Coming Down the Mountain


I remember when I used to go to youth camp when I was in high school there was a phrase we heard all weekend long--"When you go down the mountain..." Meaning that it was easy to be a christian and live a Godly life when you were going to three services a day and surrounded by nothing but christians your own age, but life at the bottom of the mountain was very different. Not everyone subscribes to your beliefs and being who you are in Christ would be taking a stand as opposed to being the norm like it was in camp. Yesterday I went down the mountain. I had been basking in the presence of God and in worship and yesterday was just a crappy day. I wasn't in the Word or in worship I just felt horrible. I now know what it is to be on the bottom of the mountain. You have to be in the presence of God--in communion with Him, talking to Him, listening to him--or else the world takes the opportunity to bombard you from all sides. The thing that brought me out of it was a CD. It was actually a praise and worship CD I got when I was in high school at camp. I am not sure how I found it or whatit was even doing in my car. I am not even sure why it played in the scratched up condition it is in. I was 14 or 15 when I got it so it is almost 20 years old. It took me back there, to the top of the mountain when all I had to do was praise God and be in His word. One of the songs is called Let This Be the Generation. That is still my prayer. I want to be a part of the generation that helps accomplish God's will here on earth.

No comments: