What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Sunday, May 20, 2007

It Finally Happened...


After years of working in the retail industry as a manager, I have finally become the customer I always said I would never turn into. Yesterday I went into the largest retailer to pick up a prescription for my mother. Should have been a 20 minute trip there and back. I was in the store for over an hour. I picked up the prescription and thought it was funny that I didn't have to pay for it, there is usually a co-pay. Well it turns out the prescription got paid with their quick pay system where it gets billed to a credit card. The problem was that I have never signed up for that system so someone else paid for the prescription. I went to have this fixed and wouldn't you know no one in the building could fix it. Two hourly supervisors and a pharmacist later plus 45 mins of waiting, I asked to see a manager. The manager was too busy to come see me so I got the brush off on their walkie talkie. Wrong thing to do at that moment. The least they could have done was apologize for my time. I, nicely, asked for the manager's name and the district manager's telephone number. That is when it happened--a rude little supervisor came up to me and gave me the 800 number. I said I wanted the number to talk to the district manager and she said I gave you the telephone number. That is the only number that they have. Then I had to shock her and tell her I used to be a manager for the company and I know that was not the truth. She then said she just didn't have it and didn't have access to it. What was going to be a cordial call to help him identify some customer service issues in one of his stores is now going to be a complaint call. I am a stock holder in the company and am very upset that this is how we are treating our customers. I used to think that many customers were just looking for something free when they complained, but I now feel otherwise, they just wanted service they were paying for. It shouldn't matter if they got it at a discount.


Be Blessed and Be Nice to Customers!

Mike

No comments: