What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Post & Homesick

I am not one to be very political or very patriotic. This Memorial Day seems to be different though. I heard this song on the radio on my way to starbucks and it really hit me. There are so many families that are truly observing this as a Memorial Day because one of their loved ones is never coming home again. I don't necessarily agree with the politics behind the war, and I am not one to be able to offer any kind of solution that would become policy, but I think the troops and the their familes need to be on the forefront of the minds of those that can affect policy. They should flood their houses and offices with the pictures of those serving and with those of the troops that we have lost so that they are always reminded the policy they are making has faces and has names. I have lost a few a couple of close people in my life, but they were taken through natural causes. I remember how much it hurt then. I cannot even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose someone in a foreign country to the senseless acts of another person. To the familes of the troops who have lost a loved one, my heart truly is broken for you. To the familes that still have troops serving overseas, my prayers are joined with yours that there will be an end quickly to this military action and they will be home safely soon. To the troops serving, Thank You! I pray that God will cover you and protect you. I pray you will be home soon, safely!

This song said so much to me today.



Be Blessed and Be a Blessing.
Mike

No comments: