What is the measure of man? How do you measure a man's life? I don't know the answer, but these are some of the things I found along the way in my life...
___________________________________________

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Don't Miss the Boat!


I was reading in the first chapter of Daniel today, How the Jews were overcome by the King of Babylon. God had sent prophets to them warning them of the sin and calling them to repentance. They continued to ignore God’s call and God brought judgment down on them. It reminded me of the joke about the man in the storm who refuses boat after boat offering to rescue him, each time saying that he knows his God will save him. After he finally drowns He asked God in heaven why He didn’t save him. God replies “Who do you think sent the boats?!” It just got me to thinking …I am going through stuff and I am calling out to God to deliver me, but have I ignored anything because it wasn’t obvious or it wasn’t the way I was expecting to be delivered? I have to repent again for trying to tell God how to be God! I pray that I haven’t missed the boat. Don’t miss yours either!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
Mike

No comments: